Upgrade Your Structures for Less
Don’t just repair your cracked, damaged or corroded concrete, steel or masonry structures. Upgrade them with the CarbonWrap® Fiber Reinforced Polymer from DowAksa.
CarbonWrap® technology is a cost-effective and innovative solution for restoring the world’s infrastructure. It doesn’t just repair degraded structures; it actually makes them stronger than new. It makes buildings safer, pipelines last longer, and roads and bridges stronger. It can also protect against explosions and mitigate the harmful effects of seismic forces.
Unlike traditional retrofit or reconstruction techniques that require demolition and reconstruction of part or all of failing structures, CarbonWrap® goes right over the existing substrate. This minimizes disruption during repair and saves significantly on installation time and costs. Applied in the form of a flexible fabric during installation, it is then saturated with a resin matrix, allowing it to harden to a strong, unyielding material with a strength-to-weight ratio that exceeds fifty times that of steel.
- High strength with low weight
- Minimal change to structure’s shape, weight or appearance
- Corrosion resistance
- Thermal compatibility
- Flexible wrap conforms to any shape
- Excellent fatigue behavior
- Faster repair than alternative methods
- Welding and heavy equipment not needed
- Minimal disruption and noise during preparation or installation
- Low total cost